About Helen Potter
Helen Potter – Professional
As a Specialist Physiotherapist:
- I have advanced training and forty years’ experience.
- My reputation is for excellence in diagnosis and treatment of headaches, spinal and upper and lower limb problems.
- My vision is to help you to understand and manage chronic pain.
- I promise to reduce your pain and improve your movement.
- My passion is to empower you to achieve your goals.
I became a Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, the highest level of qualification in 2007.
- This award acknowledges my Diploma, Degree and Masters awards, in addition to my clinical, teaching, and research experience. I am honoured to be a Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapy. Earlier I gained a Bachelor of Physio Lincoln Institute Victoria (1978), a Grad Dip Manipulative Therapy WAIT WA (1985) and a Master of Science Curtin University of Technology WA (1995).
“Feel safe putting your body in the hands of a health professional with a reputation for excellence”
My Professional Memberships guarantee I participate in continuing professional development, provide safe, ethical and effective healthcare, and abide by the APA Code of Conduct. MAPA (Member of Aust Physiotherapy Association), MPA (Member of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Assoc) and FACP (Fellow of the Aust College of Physiotherapists).
“You can trust an APA physiotherapist to have your goals and your care as a priority”
Helen’s Social Profile:
- Walking, swimming and snorkelling at Cottesloe beach
- Helping KoKo write his book KoKo’s Tales, “A dog’s life in Subiaco” 2018
- Reading and photography
- My Photography awards are from the Cities of Subiaco, Fremantle and Mosman Park, and The Western Australian
- See “www.kokosdogblog.com for comments on our Subiaco life.
- See “KoKo’s Tales of a Dog’s Life in Subiaco” Book published Dec 2018?
- I assist at the Perth Writers Festival, Sculptures by the Sea and PIAF, and Physiotherapist for Oxfam 100km walk.
- In 2015, I was senior Physiotherapist for the PIAF “The Giants” on their visit from France,
- KoKo and I visit Berrington Aged Care in Jolimont weekly to give the residents a cuddle and laugh.
- I am actively involved in the Subiaco Community
- 1984 Kellogg’s Postgraduate Scholarship
- APA Community Contribution 2008
My skills and life experience allow me to empathise with you whatever your needs, age or gender.